Calculation & Evaluation
Binds & Blockades
Zwischenzug: Unexpected In-Between Move
Online Chess Rooms
Currently, chess lessons and games are available online for all library users, including Roosevelt students! Sign up for a free account on Chess.com and request to become members of either the Roosevelt HS Chess Room or the Molly Pruitt Lib Chess Room.
If you have difficulty signing up, please call us at 210-650-1122 during library hours, and we will gladly assist you.
Join a Chess Room:
Notice to Parents
How to Sign Up
Go to Chess.com
With your parents’ approval, click “sign up”. You are signing up for the free membership only. (You can enter your real name in settings so that others can view it below your username on the “MEMBERS” list.)
- Choose and Enter your username.
- Enter the email address you would like to use.
- Create a password that you and/or your device will remember.
How to Join a Chess Room
After logging in,
- Hover over the “connect” tab.
- Go to “clubs”
- Find the Roosevelt HS or Molly Pruitt Lib Chess Room(s) and click “request”. (you will be approved within 24 hours)
Challenge a teammate to a game:
- Do not click “Play” if it doesn’t say the name of the person you want to play. That will start a game with some random person somewhere.
- Click “members”.
- Hover over the member you want to play, and click on the “challenge” button on their profile.
- You can set it for how long of a game you want, how long between moves, etc. You can make it pause if someone goes too long between moves or forfeit.